Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unexpected oracle update commit after an tOracleOutputBulkExec failure

Hello all,

This is my first post, i don't know if i put into the right place.

So let me explain my problem :

I have a daily job running on linux for a customer. Lastly i had an issue due to "sqlldr" was missing when i tried to use the tOracleOutputBulkExec component. This was due to an misconfiguration, but the thing is that my job commited an update (tOracleRow), however i have just a final commit totally at the end...

My job : Start (0)-> update a field (no commit on tOracleRow) (1) -> select and insert via tOracleOutputBulkExec (2) -> a lot of thing (3) -> commit (4).

So the job crash at step 2 and don't do other things, but it commits step 1. I have checked the java code, there is no commit on error.There is no commit option on the tOracleRow.
Do you have an idea? Is a way to rollback all the job if this error is raised?
The job was created on Talend 5.6.
Thanks for looking on this problem.

Best regards,
Sébastien

Labels (2)
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I am not sure about the behaviour of Oracle if the connection will closed uncommitted. I always recommend a controlled way. Use at step 2 the OnSubjobError trigger and trigger a tOracleRollback with a following tDie.
By the way, you should use an explicit tOracleConnection component and use it in the components, only this way you span a transaction over multiple steps!