Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
borke02
Contributor III
Contributor III

Update / Switch to new installed module / Oracle jdbc driver?

Hi,

I have installed a new Oracle jdbc driver through the module tab. But after some clicks there is still the initial driver installed. How can I switch to the new driver?

The facts:

- Talend Data Integration v8.0.1

- Initial installed Oracle jdbc driver: ojdbc8-19.3.0.0.jar

- New Oracle jdbc driver: ojdbc8-23.2.0.0.jar

What I've done:

- Click on "three dots button" on the right of Maven URI

- Select ojdbc8-23.2.0.0.jar as the new module file

- Set Custom MVN URI to mvn:com.oracle.ojdbc/ojdbc8/23.2.0.0/jar

On module tab there is still ojdbc8-19.3.0.0.jar and mvn:com.oracle.ojdbc/ojdbc8/19.3.0.0/jar for the Oracle components

In studio\configuration\.m2\repository\com\oracle\ojdbc\ojdbc8 there is a sub folder 19.3.0.0 and 23.2.0.0

Best regards

Frank

Labels (3)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Here is a JDBC driver version override documentation.

Could you please let us know if it helps for your use case?

https://help.talend.com/r/en-US/8.0/studio-user-guide/overriding-external-modules-by-customizing-mvn...

Best regards

Sabrina

borke02
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Sabrina,

I already did that with the new driver version. However, the Maven URI still points to version 19.3.0.0. When I select the new driver version and set the custom MVN URI, I get an error that this module is already installed. Should I set a different custom URI?

0695b00000hsqiKAAQ.pngThis is how it looks in the directory studio\configuration\.m2\repository\com\oracle\ojdbc\ojdbc8:

0695b00000hsqkfAAA.png 

Best regards,

Frank

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Are you using JDK 11? Is it OK with you to Load your new Oracle jdbc driver with tLibraryLoad beforing start Talend job?

Best regards

Sabrina