Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rathesh
Contributor
Contributor

Update taking too much time

I am trying to build a job, which will insert or update record. Records count is roughly around 50000 records. Insert or Update option in tMSSQLOutput took too much time. So i have used tMap to identity the insert or update record, and then used two separate components, one for insert and one for update. If record count is less than 20000, then it is working faster. If it crosses that, update is taking too much time(around 30 min). Any other alternate solution for this?

Labels (3)
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

For the update records, delete and insert them.
Rathesh
Contributor
Contributor
Author

What are you referring? .I didn't understand.

Prakhar1
Creator III
Creator III

It means if a record is getting updated , then first delete the record and then insert that again instead of updating it.

Rathesh
Contributor
Contributor
Author

That table is having references, I can't delete it every time. Can you suggest other solution.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Rathesh
Generally speaking, performance depends on your data capacity and network bandwidth. If your database is installed locally, the performance is definitely faster than when you access a remote database. Have a try the following optimization to see if the performance can be improved
- Create a new DB connection on tDBOutput component instead of using an existing DB connection.
- Allocated more memory to job execution.
- Store the lookup data to disk instead of memory if you are using tMap to do join.

Regards
Shong