Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Uploading a file to WebDav

Hi Team,

I am a newbie to Talend and my task is to to upload an Excel file to WebDav 

I have followed this post step by step : https://community.talend.com/t5/Design-and-Development/resolved-Connect-to-WebDav-with-Talend/m-p/77... by using tJava for encoding the username and password for WebDav.

The job shows successful but the file is not uploaded. It would be great if someone could help me to resolve the issue.

I have used .png file for testing but ultimately I have upload an Excel file. I am attaching the screenshots of my Talend job

I am happy to try any other way to accomplish the task in Talend

Labels (3)
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Is there any error message printed on console? Are your URL working fine in your tRest component?

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Is there any error message printed on console? Are your URL working fine in your tRest component?

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sabrina,

I tried to upload a file using Postman just to check if the link is working and it seems Post method doesn't work. However, I am able to upload file using Put method in Postman. 

Also, I removed tJava component and put the credentials in the header of tRest then the job worked fine. I also edited the URL to include the name of the target file

I will have to work out how to encode the password in tJava

0683p000009MaLr.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sabrina,

I tried to upload a file using Postman just to check if the link is working and it seems Post method doesn't work. However, I am able to upload file using Put method in Postman. 

Also, I removed tJava component and put the credentials in the header of tRest then the job worked fine. I also edited the URL to include the name of the target file

I will have to work out how to encode the password in tJava

0683p000009MaLr.png

varun1949
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi @not specified not specified​  how did you created the URL ? Did you included the file which needs to be picked ? then how it can be this in your URL ,Also in case I want to send it as .zip format do you know how to do it ? if yes please share , and also you provider username and password in string format not in the binary format right ?