Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Upsert into Salesforce using 2 columns

Hello Team,

We are trying to replace IBM  BlueWolf integrator with Talend for salesforce integration.

I have simple requirement to UPSERT  a module in Salesforce based on 2 fields from a source file. in tsalesforceoutput for UPSERT operation we have dropdown to select single field, however my requirement  UPSERT need to be performed based on 2 field. There is lookup simple upsert from the file to saleforce.

Please let me know your suggestion.

@TRF - Please suggest, as i have seen you answering many Salesforce related questions Smiley Happy

Thanks - Gopi

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TRF
Creator III
Creator III

As I said, this not possible due to Salesforce API capabilities.
If you have actually 2 fields A and B, the only work around is to declare a custom technical field on salesforce side which you'll populate with A + B (A + "_" + B better for readability).
This field must also be declared as an external ID (others are not required anymore) and you'll use it on Talend side for the Upsert operation.
Is that clear for you?

View solution in original post

8 Replies
manodwhb
Creator III
Creator III

@Gopik , you need to use Relationship mapping for upsert in tsalesforceoutput.

https://help.talend.com/reader/~JrHURluxR5dMtQmHpZHGg/9b8t40yZo3Wp4PVuNCAEyA

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

- Thanks for the reply. However the options you provide looks for the Lookup field name  and Lookup relationship field name which we do not have in our scenario. My requirement is simple the Sales force object has to be inserted/updated based on 2 columns from a file.

Please let me know if questions

TRF
Creator III
Creator III

Salesforce API give you the possibility to use Upsert operation with only one search field which could be the standard record id or an external ID. Nothing else. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

@TRF- Can you please brief me on Salesforce AP ? I am looking for some capability or work around for upsert using 2 columns in Talend.

Regards,

Gopi

TRF
Creator III
Creator III

As I said, this not possible due to Salesforce API capabilities.
If you have actually 2 fields A and B, the only work around is to declare a custom technical field on salesforce side which you'll populate with A + B (A + "_" + B better for readability).
This field must also be declared as an external ID (others are not required anymore) and you'll use it on Talend side for the Upsert operation.
Is that clear for you?
TRF
Creator III
Creator III

Did this help? If so, thanks to mark your case as solved (Kudo also accepted)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

@TRF  - Thanks for the reply, We already have this design, I was looking for any option in Talend directly without making changes to the Salesforce like adding extra column.

TRF
Creator III
Creator III

Talend itself is limited by Salesforce's limits.
In other words, the train runs the same speed as the slower coach.
Thanks to mark your case as solved.