Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Using a variable in a API URL

I'm trying to figure out something.  I have a table which has clients.  I'm trying to fill in a table called events using an API URL.  I need to get the clients from the first table and then loop thru the events API URL to get info for each client in the first table.  I can't figure out how to loop thru and then change the API URL for the second table depending on the client read from the first table.

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Can you show us a screenshot of your job? It will be hard to identify how best to do this without knowing a little more about your job.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Here's an screenshot.  I'm not sure that I'm on the right track at all.

PGA festivals from API.PNG
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The easiest way to do this is to retrieve your looping data and feed it into a tFlowToIterate. This will store it in the globalMap and iterate over it for the next part of the job. You then need to connect your tFlowToIterate to a tJava (as a component to build your URL using Java String manipulation). From the tJava, connect your tRestClient component via an OnComponentOK link. Use the URL you have computed in the tRestClient.