Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
since_1995
Contributor III
Contributor III

Using globalMaP after onsubjobok

Hi all,

Is it possible to use the

((String)globalMap.get("row1.column1")) in the second job

tdbinput --row1--->trest---->tfiledelimited

|

|

tfileinputdelimited---textractjsonfield---tmap2--->idbout

here i want to use the outputput from

tdbinput i,e ((String)globalMap.get("row1.column1")) in tmap2

is that possible?Is there a way to call that.

Labels (2)
5 Replies
Daniel044
Contributor II
Contributor II

I also faced same issue but now it solved for me. Thank you for the help.

since_1995
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Can you please share the solution

Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to explain what you are wanting to do? If your tDBInput produces 1 million rows, they will have all been processed by the end of the 1st SubJob. So the value of ((String)globalMap.get("row1.column1")) will likely be useless. The OnSubJobOK only fires at the end of the SubJob. You can make use of globalMap values between SubJobs, but you need to understand that (in the way you have this designed) SubJob 1 will be complete before SubJob 2 starts. So either you need to save all the values for column1 OR you need to rearrange your job so that whatever is happening in SubJob 2 happens once for every row processed in SubJob 1.

since_1995
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes there are 5 columns coming out of tdbinput, in which I will be using only one column in the first job so can I store rest of the column values globally and can call it at my subjob 2 and pass it to dboutput?

I used tjavarow after tdbinput1 and stored the columns using context but it is passing only the last value of these columns to all the records in my tmap2

since_1995
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

So I need to save all values for column1