Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KevinX7
Contributor
Contributor

Using variables when making schemas

Hello.

I recently took over a project in Talend and im running into some problems. All of the schemas that were made before my time refer to variables like context.Filename i added 2 attachments for example pictures.

It all works but when i try to make net metadata for a new job it gives me an error when trying to enter a variable. Can somebody explain to me how this is done?

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm assuming that those context variables are part of a context group that has been configured. The filenames and paths are probably set there. Check the contexts in your repository.

KevinX7
Contributor
Contributor
Author

This seems to be the case. The variables are set in the context group but have no values. There is a context file(txt file) that we use that eventually sets these values. Now when i make a schema and use a variable that has been used in other schemas to determine the file name it also doesnt work. I wanna make schemas for new jobs but id like to do it the same way it was done before. Do you have an idea of how the schemas were created using variables?