Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
François_T
Contributor
Contributor

Very very slow UI in Tmaps, is there anything we can do ?

Hello everyone !

The UI is quite fine and responsive on any other component, but editing a Tmap is painfully slow. It takes several seconds to switch from one field to another one, everything is very slow and it makes those tasks very frustrating.

Typical Tmaps have one xls input and one xls output, with 5 to 50 columns in input, and 30 columns output. I would not consider that as anything crazy. Typically working on a computer with 16GB of memory, and when editing the tmaps, processor & memory are not showing anything crazy. Are we doing something wrong here ?

Labels (3)
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

First, make sure you are on compatible Operating System and using supported Java version, for more software requirements, please read the installation documentation.

Please provide the following information for us to be more better evaluate the issue:

- Product version (such as Talend Cloud Real-Time Big Data Platform (7.3.120200219_1130)

- Operating System (such as Windows 10, 64 bit)

- Java version (such as Oracle JDK build 11.0.8)

Regards

Shong

gjeremy1617088143

Hi, maybe you can change the xms and xmx param in the .ini file of the studio to allow more memory to the studio.

https://help.talend.com/r/pd~gJPOP3y0tu8jedjNfIA/aNyC~EW3eVxmjwAUWgA~pw

Send me love and kudos

François_T
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I think I have enough memory, it's not the problem here; I discovered that if I close the schema editor at the bottom and open the expression editor instead, then it's very responsive again. Quite surprising.

Mattia_V_
Contributor
Contributor

Another piece of advice for future users that open this thread: choosing "Mapping links displays as: Lines (fast)" instead of "Auto" makes a huge difference.

This choice, together with François_T's suggestion to work with the expression editor, makes tMaps at least bearable.