Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Working with log in opend Talend Studio

Hello
I'm used to working with java and as it does to generate logj4 log for example.
I'm a newbie with Talend Open Studio and not very clear to me after reading the documentation is how to do the same thing in Talend Open Stuido 5.0, so that when it fails any part of the jobs generated in me a file error and I can see.
Regards,
Oscar Manso

Labels (2)
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi
- If the studio failed to start up or it crashes sometimes during your development, you can find the error message in the file .log, which locates in /workspace/.metadata/.
- If the job failed to execute, that means there are some compilation error in the generated code, open the code tab and see which lines have error, correct the job base on the error tip.
Best regards
Shong
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello
You have not understood about the log or I have not explained.
Like a java program when an exception occurs eg the error in the log gets to the record. I need to do something like this. I put several cases now occur to me.
For example, if the connection fails to database I want it stated in the job log file
If the check fails structure of a file I want it stated in the job log file because it has failed.
A greeting.
Oscar Manso
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi
You can use tLogCatcher to capture the Java exception, twarn message and tDie message, and output them to a log file. Please read the user component and learn tLogCatcher component.
Best regards
Shong
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
i am not able to find Job Information properties file while importing a job.
in web based jaspersoft ETL 5.2.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

hi,
i am new to talend...
i want see each data record insert time in log file.
As above discussion is not helping me..
can any one give me solution?