Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tobi1
Contributor
Contributor

Wrong URL encoding in relative path of tRestClient

Hello Everyone,

I observed a strange behaviour in the URL encoding of the tRestClient. A "?", as the indicator for a query string, is encoded as "%3F", when this part of the URL is within the relative path field. As a result, the "?" is not inerpreted as the beginning of the query string.

The work around was to put the entire URL text in the URL-field then the encoding was correct. But I was wondering if this the desired behaviour of the component or a bug? 

Regards,

Tobi

EDIT: 2017-12-21

With the configuration (see attached screenshot) I receive the following error message:

Exception in component tRESTClient_3 (D365_connectivity_test)
javax.ws.rs.NotFoundException: HTTP 404 Not Found

When monitoring the network traffic with Fiddler you can see, that the "?" is encoded to "%3F" (second screenshot). I could only observe this behaviour when having the relative path in the appropriate field.

My Talend build is: 6.4.1.20170623_1246

Labels (4)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

@Tobi wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I observed a strange behaviour in the URL encoding of the tRestClient. A "?", as the indicator for a query string, is encoded as "%3F", when this part of the URL is within the relative path field. As a result, the "?" is not inerpreted as the beginning of the query string.

The work around was to put the entire URL text in the URL-field then the encoding was correct. But I was wondering if this the desired behaviour of the component or a bug? 

Regards,

Tobi

Could you please indicate on which talend build version you got this issue? Would you mind uploading some trouble screenshots into forum so that we can make a testing on it to see if it repro on our side.

Best regards

Sabrina

Tobi1
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I've updated my initial post.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have the exact same problem.

Once the Endpoint contains a question mark "?", it gets converted to %3f when executed via TAC.

My solution now was to put all the endpoint including relative path in the URL field. There seems that it does not get converted to ASCII