Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

allrows in tmap component

what is the purpose of all rows in match model of tmap component

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mks02
Creator
Creator

This is the thing, I have mentioned above: for lookup table Expression key columns can not be used for join with main table.
In attached screenshot, highlighted area(Expr. Key Area) should be blank. As ALL ROWS will create cartesian join from above table. No need to made join lookup table to main table.
In your case: Return all the desired columns from ROW2 and ROW1 (lookup) table and the number of records return are 8*77. (Rows in the first table multiplied by the number of rows in second table)

TLND_cmm_allRows_2.PNG

View solution in original post

8 Replies
SachinD
Creator
Creator

All Match will outputs all matching records of the lookup source.

You can refer article on Talend Help

The differences between Unique match, First match and All matches

https://help.talend.com/reader/4sGi6uta35W98meBu6klVg/~1Q8eE0O0Ru1ZGqty7lcJg

Not applicable
Author

hi sachin,

thanks for your reply, but my question is not about all matches , its about " all rows"

here i attached the snapshot for what i am asking

0683p000009LwiL.png

mks02
Creator
Creator

tMap properties- If we are joining two tables then for lookup table, Match Model options worked as below

All Matches: It will perform operations on joining of tables. Joining columns is must for it.

ALL ROWS: It will perform cross join, but for lookup table Expression key column can not be used (you can't join lookup column to other table column). Both Inner and Left Outer Join can be performed. But no joining column will be used.
For eg. If main table have 8 records and lookup table have 9 records, it will show 72 records for all rows. Column can be passed from Lookup table to output table.

Not applicable
Author

thank you mks

i got the cross join result, while applying "all rows", but at the same time some warning is displayed at Tmap as shown in fig below. why this warning message or symbol displays0683p000009Lwe5.png

mks02
Creator
Creator

This is the thing, I have mentioned above: for lookup table Expression key columns can not be used for join with main table.
In attached screenshot, highlighted area(Expr. Key Area) should be blank. As ALL ROWS will create cartesian join from above table. No need to made join lookup table to main table.
In your case: Return all the desired columns from ROW2 and ROW1 (lookup) table and the number of records return are 8*77. (Rows in the first table multiplied by the number of rows in second table)

TLND_cmm_allRows_2.PNG
mks02
Creator
Creator

TLND_cmm_allRows_2.PNG
TLND_cmm_allRows_2.PNG
SachinD
Creator
Creator

@mks02

I am using enterprise edition 6.3.1 I cannot see All Rows option in Match Model.

I think, even if we use All matches and don't join look up and main flow, it behaves as Cartesian join.

0683p000009Lw0H.jpg

mks02
Creator
Creator

@SachinD,
I am using 6.4.1, but in 6.3.1 big data enterprise version should have this option.

Yes you are right that All matches and don't join look up and main flow, it behaves as Cartesian join.
But you can specify the join in ALL MATCHES option.

In case of ALL ROWS, you can not join the columns for lookup and if you are trying to use it, It will shows the error: "lookup table Expression key column can not be used".