Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gabri11
Contributor
Contributor

connect to access database

Hi, I need to connect to a microsoft access database. The problem that talend is installed on a linux machine while the database on a microsoft machine
Does anyone know how I can connect and what string to use?
Thank you

Labels (2)
15 Replies
Gabri11
Contributor
Contributor
Author

yes, the problem is that if I connect to the acces database copied to the same machine where it runs talend (linux) then the job works. But if I try to connect to the database access on the windows machine then an error appears.

JR1
Creator III
Creator III

The access file is present in a folder shared over the network, correct? Can you access this folder from within linux? The Access connection relies on an accessible  file.

Gabri11
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Exactly, could you tell me what is an example of a connection string to insert in talend (tAccess)? thanks a lot

JR1
Creator III
Creator III

In e.g. the tAccessConnection component, you do not have to provide a connection string. Simply provide the path & filename to your Access DB and Talend creates the connection string in the background.

0683p000009M6zf.png

If you need to provide additional parameters for the connection string, you can add them under "Advanced Settings --> Additional JDBC Parameters".

I hope this helps.

And by the way: you are running your job locally, correct? I.e. it is not built and deployed to a job server.

moonshadow
Contributor
Contributor

You should use mount command to achieve this task.

Gabri11
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Sorry, What is the command mount?