Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mshafeeq
Contributor II
Contributor II

context getcurrentdate

Hello All,

i designed a job to run on hourly basis on data -2 hours on timpalaload component

i created a context start_date as below

0695b00000htTLeAAM.png

and defined in tjavarow component as below

context.Start_Time = TalendDate.formatDate("yyyyMMdd",TalendDate.getCurrentDate());

System.out.println("/////////////////////////////////////");

System.out.println("Running Day = " + context.Start_Time);

and used in the query as below

where date_id = "+context.Start_Time+" and hour_id = ???????

my question and issue is , i want to use hour_id = extracted hour -2 and avoid switching day @12AM on job schedule 00

thanks for support

Labels (2)
4 Replies
anselmopeixoto
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi @muhamd shafeeq​ 

To get current hour -2 you could use this code:

TalendDate.addDate(TalendDate.getCurrentDate(), -2, "HH")

The addDate method will return a Talend Date object, then you can format it according to your needs.

I hope this helps.

mshafeeq
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

@Anselmo Peixoto​  @Shicong Hong​ 

hello ,

actually the issue is addDate function is retruing date value and i want to use it in sting format for the query

when i tested it query failed with below

Exception in the component tImpalaLoad_1:ParseException: Syntax error in line 1:

...dn) where date_id = Thu Jun 01 08:13:09 AST 2023 an

my context variable is working fine with current date but i want to add also filter on hour-2 and considering day switching@12AM

where date_id = "+context.Start_Time+" and hour_id = ???????

Lord-Vader
Contributor III
Contributor III

If im not wrong you have to format it so that it matches the type.

Try this :

TalendDate.formatDate("YYYY-MM-DD",TalendDate.addDate(TalendDate.getCurrentDate(), -2, "HH")) 

if you want something more/less like seconds etc, just change the pattern. And for your other problem, i dont understand what you want to do sorry.

anselmopeixoto
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi @muhamd shafeeq​ 

You can use this:

TalendDate.formatDate("HH", TalendDate.addDate(TalendDate.getCurrentDate(), -2, "HH"))

The formatDate method takes a Date object and returns a String in the format you specify on the first argument, so you can use "HH" as argument to only return the hour from that Date object.