Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

create exception table column from multiple files

i have 4 CSV file  which are having common  transcation id,

but in,  

file 1:- 1,2,3,4,5 rows,

file 2:- 1,2,3,6  rows,

file 3:- 1,3,8,7 rows,

file 4:- 1,4,7,8,9 rows.

so, i want to create table column which can be shown exception messsage that  which file data is missing?   

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TRF
Champion II
Champion II

You may use a tFixedFlowInput component to build a pseudo-table with row 1, 2, 3, ..., 9.

Then, use tFileList to iterate over the file list, tFileInputDelimited to get the file content, tMap to join with the pseudo-table using an inner join and catch the rejected rows to have the missing transaction Id for each row.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
TRF
Champion II
Champion II

Based on your sample data, can you show the expected result?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks @TRF for reply,

have 4 CSV file  which are having common  transaction id,

but in,  domain of transaction id is 0-9

file 1:- transaction id 1,2,3,4,5 

file 2:- transaction id 1,2,3,6  

file 3:- transaction id 1,3,8,7 

file 4:- transaction id 1,4,7,8,9 

target table:-

file name    missing id

file 1              6,7,8,9

file 2             4,5,7,8,9

file 3             2,4,5,6,9

file 4             2,3,5,6

TRF
Champion II
Champion II

You may use a tFixedFlowInput component to build a pseudo-table with row 1, 2, 3, ..., 9.

Then, use tFileList to iterate over the file list, tFileInputDelimited to get the file content, tMap to join with the pseudo-table using an inner join and catch the rejected rows to have the missing transaction Id for each row.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

thanks sir it works, but in the place of 1-9 row ,if we have milions of rows then what is the process?
TRF
Champion II
Champion II

Not the same story!

You need to merge all your input files (tFileList-(iterate)->tFileInpputDelimited-->tHashOutput) then remove duplicates (tHashInput-->tUniqRow-->tHashOutput).

This will replace the pseudo-table associated to a tFixedFlowInput in my previous answer.

Then you can continue with the scenario I proposed before.