Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sushantk19
Creator
Creator

data is not getting loaded to Redshift database

Hi,

I got a strange issue. I have created a simple job to load the data to Redshift Target Table. When i run this job, in Logs it shows me that is getting inserted, But actually the data is NOT getting inserted in Database. Is there any issue with JOB settings? 

I checked the window after the job runs and it shows all the data correctly. This is the 1st time I am loading data in REDSHIFT tables after database has been setup. What could be possible reason?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

@sushantk19, before tMsSqlserverInput (tDBInput) component use tRedshiftconnection and connect using on component ok from tRedshiftconnection to  tMsSqlserverInput (tDBInput) and in the tRedshiftOutput enable the check box of Use an existing connection.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

sushantk19
Creator
Creator
Author

now it is working as i reduced the commit every "rows" from Advanced settings. I was suggested to use the "Auto commit" option. But to do that, I have to use tRedshift connection component. I tried connecting that to my existing job, but it is throwing an error. Can you share if possible how to connect this tRedshift connectioncomponent with tRedshiftoutput component?

manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

@sushantk19, check the below screenshot.

0683p000009M9F8.png

sushantk19
Creator
Creator
Author

ok. I have a different scenario. My source is like a SQL server and target is REDSHIFT table. Please see the screenshot attached.Please suggest where and how do i connect tRedshift connection component.

DB_connection.png
manodwhb
Champion II
Champion II

@sushantk19, before tMsSqlserverInput (tDBInput) component use tRedshiftconnection and connect using on component ok from tRedshiftconnection to  tMsSqlserverInput (tDBInput) and in the tRedshiftOutput enable the check box of Use an existing connection.

sushantk19
Creator
Creator
Author

Works perfectly fine, but the performance is slower as compared to earlier run where commit interval was changed at the tRedshiftoutput component.

sushantk19
Creator
Creator
Author

Initially the job used to take ~5 mins to load 10000 records with commit every 10000 rows. Now with this component connected it has taken ~ 17 mins. Is there issue using this approach?