Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

get together file Excel in a single file with two types in a same column

Hello

I have two input Excel files  : one file in String, and an other in Double.

I want gather together these files in a single Excel file. But the matter is : the output file is in a type.

The first file is : 

Column A(String)    Column B(String)   Column C(String)          Column D(String)

Month                           January                    February                     March

The second file : 

Column A (String)   Column B(Double)   Column C(Double)          Column D (Double)

ListA                        1573,12                      1335,24                               1114,58

ListB                           954,12                      2124,14                                1254,36

I want have this output file : 

Column A(String)    Column B(String +Double)   Column C(String+Double)          Column D(String+Double)

Month                      January                                      February                                  March 

ListA                        1573,12                                        1335,24                                    1114,58

ListB                           954,12                                        2124,14                                  1254,36

I tried to use the component tUnite or tMap but I can't have two types in a single file (String and Double). 

This is error log of tUnite.

Error in the component's properties:Type mismatch: cannot convert from String to Double

Type mismatch: cannot convert from String to Double

Thanks in advance !!!!!

Labels (2)
6 Replies
vboppudi
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

try to convert second file columns to string before tUnite and connect to tUnite as string.

Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The matter is : Excel read that as a text if i put all in string.

I need the values to make a graph, so in double....

It's a big matter.

vboppudi
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

You can try below approach

0683p000009Lwsv.png

first flow insert record in excel file with string value, Second flow will append data .

Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I think that I am almost there. I have done it but i always had a file without months.

How append data for the second flow? There is a option to check?

vboppudi
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

0683p000009Lwvy.png

Try these options

Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you a lot !!!

It works very well! You help me a lot.