Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
psujini
Contributor
Contributor

how to compare the input row from one file with all rows in the another file in talend

How to  compare the input file first row value with the all rows in the second input file column in talend

Labels (2)
27 Replies
psujini
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi sir thank you for your reply.can you please elaborate screen shots of the job tmaps component .that will be more useful for further references .
psujini
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you for your quick reply this will be more useful to my
psujini
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Veeranjaneyulu,

Its working fine.Thank you but how would i catch the input date that does not matched in the datepattern file.Not matched with date patterns in file .i would like to catch that  date in outputfile.Any suggestion on this.

i tried in this way but not bale to catch the not matched date date0683p000009Lt9y.png

Any idea..?

hami1
Creator
Creator

If you want the non-matching date elements as well, just remove the filter condition in the 2nd tMap which @vboppudi has provided then all the records will be available with boolean flag (true/false). You can easily identify the non-matched date patterns.

Thanks,

Hameed.

psujini
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you for your reply. but I am not clear Mr.skh  can u please eloborate what you said.Actually  the job i did in the above screen shot is i will check the input date with all date patterns in the date pattern file(look up file) if pattern found then the date is parsed to one defined format other wise null

i am outputting the data which the Var.var1 is not null means only parsed dates only i output to the logrow. but i want the dates that are not matched with any of the date_pattern in the  file.actually as per my job.. what the job is doing   if input sting date  pattern is matched wiht any of the predefinrd pattens the parsing the string to date format. if false it will out put all not matched dates.means for every input string compared date patterns not matched  ...all rows willl be given as ouput .but i want the dates which or not that patter found in the file.

can i get any solution on this.

hami1
Creator
Creator

Hi,

You wants to separate both valid and in-valid dates right ..? Just you need to add a filter condition in the tMap_2 and separate both the flows to different output files (here I diverted both of them in tLogRow Components you can replace them with suitable output components.)

Thanks,

Hameed

Filtering_Records.png
Screenshot from 2018-03-22 14-14-32.png
Screenshot from 2018-03-22 14-14-25.png
hami1
Creator
Creator

Hi,

As we know that bolean stands for either true or false. So if we keep this bolean column in the tMap filter condition it will filter the records based on the true condition.

a1.Flag - (as it defined as bolean) so all the valid records will route through this pipeline.

!a1.Flag- Unvalid i.e, which doesn't match the condition will route through this flow.

Hope this helped you.

Thanks,

Hameed.

psujini
Contributor
Contributor
Author

sry sir this is not working.sir this will be printing the all dates as the input date from one file compares the all predefined patterns if not matching printing that date that many times.the inputdate is iterating through all patterns so if  first pattern not match date is printins as not matched second is compared matched it will not.

but my scenarion is different if the inpute date is not matched with any of the predefined patterns in the other file(loopup file).the date should display as not parsed.

psujini
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Hameed sir

I checked the screen shots u shared but that is getting 73 rows as output for not matching .but we have only 13 rows input 

we have  13 input string if any of that string does not have pattern matched in the predefined date pattern file that date  should display in another outputfile..so that we can come to know which dates are not been parsed to one defined format. 

Am new to this talend am learning now .so that the reason am  not able to solving it quickly.

psujini
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello sir ,

Can you please tell how to get the dates which are not parsed. ie  the input string daes not have that predefined pattern in the date_pattern file .the date should be output as rejected.

possible please share the job n screen shots....Very much thank ful the one to which you replied..