Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

how to pass data from one subjob to other sub job

Hi,

I have a subjob1 where I read a file and do simple tlogrow. 

I have linked this subjob1 to subjob2 through component onsubjobok.

my tlogrow display correct values for the input file. But these values are never passed in subjob2.

I'm using big data spark jobs. how do i pass the value from subjob1 to subjob2..?

Labels (3)
5 Replies
vapukov
Master II
Master II

tSubJobOk - do not transfer data

in your case - you are "read and forget"

You can connect tlogrow (Main) to next component or read file again in proper place

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

@vapukov Thanks for the reply.

when i right click on tlogrow, it doesnt give me any option on how to connect to the next job.

My Job1 is : tfileinputparquet -> tmap1-> tlogrow (in the tmap here, i have hashmap function). 

The output of the tmap1 needs to be passed to job2..

vapukov
Master II
Master II

You can not pass result from job to job even in data integration and in bigdata as well

if You want use result of first job in next - save result in file (or etc)

if You use main connection - it always will be same job

but if in your case tLog it only Log, You can parallel it with file output

0683p000009M0TG.png

0683p000009M0TL.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks @vapukov, i got your point.

However in my case the scenario is different.  If i output the result tfileparquetoutput, then i have to join my subjob2 input to tfileparquetoutput. However i dont have any join key in common.

So i wanted to pass the value through object by creating tjava component b/w the 2 jobs. but that doesnt work

pic.png
vapukov
Master II
Master II

I think - You are not got my points:

what reason of tLogrow in real job? do You want print on screen (or in TAC log files) 1-2-3-10M rows of text?

remove and connect output from tmap to proper component

also, You always can add key to output file, for example - row number ( sequenced )