Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gabri11
Contributor
Contributor

interval type database

Hello everyone ... I should synchronize two tables (input -> tmap -> output). My problem is that a field is an interval type and must remain interval even for the output table. I have tried to indicate how to type in tmap but obviously it gives me an incompatibility error. I tried also with the date type but talend tries to insert '1970-01-01 00:00:05' going so wrong as it should only insert '00:00:05 '. Is there any help that can help me? Thank you

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Could you please advise the database which you are trying to read and write?

In the meantime, did you try to extract the data as String and write the data back as String? It may lead to data type mismatch but thought to check with you whether you already tried that option.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved

Gabri11
Contributor
Contributor
Author

hello, I tried to indicate "string" as a type but an incompatibility error appears between the string of talend and the database interval. The database is postgresql

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

One option is as mentioned in the below post. I would also recommend to create a support ticket to get this clarified.

https://community.talend.com/t5/Design-and-Development/tMap-and-writing-to-PostgreSQL-Interval-colum...

If you are using a free edition of Talend, please raise a jira ticket to get the confirmation.

https://jira.talendforge.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved