Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
diazsmiedts
Contributor III
Contributor III

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError - Autonomous unix Job fails

I created a small ETL job (connect to sFTP server, find files and download locally, using contexts for different environmenst) in Talend Open Studio for Data Integration version 5.2.1.
The job works flawlessy in the Open Studio GUI so I exported it to run on unix (using export to autonomous job with the "All" option).
When I run the job on unix, it never executes at all. I always receive the error
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: routines/system/api/TalendJob
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:621)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:124)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:260)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:56)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:195)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:307)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:268)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:252)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:320)

Running the same job from within Windows (locally on my Windows 7 machine), it runs successfully.
I downloaded the very latest OPenStudio 5.2.2 and tried the same thing, to no avail. I still don't succeed in running the standalone job, as it seems to have some issues with locating the different src JARs. I tried changing the shell file, building in 1.5 and 1.6, all of this did not help at all.
So, has anyone encountered the same issue recently, using openstudio 5.2.1 or 5.2.2?
Please advice
Thank you
Labels (3)
11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just had this same issue.  It turns out the 'lib' folder needs to be copied to the new root folder location when moving the job to a different location after unzipping it.  Best option is to unzip the job where you want to deploy as the lib folder is part of the zip which prevents this issue in the first place.
Hope this helps anyone else who comes up against this issue...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Can we consider this issue as resolved?

Best regards
Sabrina