Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBS1
Contributor III
Contributor III

javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: PKIX path building failed

Hi Team

I was having a job which was running without any issues for last few months. But suddenly the job got failed with the below issue.

Exception in component Common_Access_token_Generator_1_tREST_2
com.sun.jersey.api.client.ClientHandlerException: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
at com.sun.jersey.client.urlconnection.URLConnectionClientHandler.handle(URLConnectionClientHandler.java:155)
at com.sun.jersey.api.client.Client.handle(Client.java:652)
at com.sun.jersey.api.client.WebResource.handle(WebResource.java:682)
at com.sun.jersey.api.client.WebResource.access$200(WebResource.java:74)
at com.sun.jersey.api.client.WebResource$Builder.post(WebResource.java:570)

Please help in resolving this issue.

Labels (4)
3 Replies
StephanieR
Luminary
Luminary

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6659360/how-to-solve-javax-net-ssl-sslhandshakeexception-error?n...
Check out this article - not sure on all of your specifics here but I think it will help, sounds like you have a cert issue, again hard to say why this happened if it was working well
DBS1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the reply.

I could see that the jobs are now running without any issues. But we haven't done any system level or job level changes as well.

Could you help me what is the actual issue here.

Xiaodi_Shi
Support
Support

Hello,

Please make sure that you insert the the CAcert into your JDK truststore.

Double check your <studio Home>\studio\<studio>.ini file to see if you're using a specific trust store.
-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=
-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword=

If this property does not exist in ini. It'll be the default JDK's truststore you're using for studio.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Talend-Studio-How-to-set-a-truststore-for-an...

Best regards

Sabrina