Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

join two tables to delete data in one of them

I need to join two tables and delete from one of them the rows that join.

0683p000009Lz96.png

I need to join tDBOutput_4 with ODS_SF_L_SRV_SR and delete from this last one all the rows that respect the join condition.

For the ODS_SF_L_SRV_SR that is the result of the join, I set the action on data as "delete".

Is this logic correct? Otherwise, how this should be done?

Also, when I try to run the job, the following error appears:

0683p000009LzhR.png

and I can't understand what this "after_tDBInput1" is.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
fdenis
Creator III
Creator III

the dele action is correct. just ceck: to dele row in db table, you need to have a key.

to solve your error, click on code Tab, the error is underlined in red this a red point near the pu down cursor. code is read only but it's useful to debug.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
fdenis
Creator III
Creator III

the dele action is correct. just ceck: to dele row in db table, you need to have a key.

to solve your error, click on code Tab, the error is underlined in red this a red point near the pu down cursor. code is read only but it's useful to debug.

RajeevKumarMeh
Contributor
Contributor

Please check all fields in Input Component are mapped or not ? Error message is indicating same .

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Team,

I need to implement insert, update and delete logic at the same time in my Main table -A based on multiple keys from different table - B( which is daily coming data) 

Logic to implement -

if in table- B new records come or same records as in table A - then I need to insert/update table B. (This I have implemented)

now I need to delete those records from table A which are not present in B but present in A. 

Example -

lets A has 100 records and B has 50 out of which 45 records are same as in A

So in A it should contains only those existing records which has (same key + new records) which came from B. 

It should delete those records from A which are not present in B

I have tried using look up model and added capture rejected data as false. But still its not deleting those records.