Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

pom xml not keeping the changes in talend

I have talend 7.3.1 and updated some google ads dependencies in pom.xml in talend, but the changes got reverted back to the original version whenever I try to run or build the job or restart talend. Have anyone encounter this issue?

Labels (2)
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

You did click Apply and Close to apply your changes and close the dialog box?

In Studio, you can use the Force full re-synchronize poms option by navigating to File > Edit Project properties > Build > Maven.

Feel free to let us know if it works for you.

Best regards

Sabrina

Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Sabrina,

Thanks for the response. Yes I did click Apply and Close, but the issue still persist.

In my Build > Maven it does not have this option, I have also checked other tabs and it doesnt have resynchronize pom button, is there any other workaround?0695b00000oeVrfAAE.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Are you using talend open studio V 7.3?

Could you please do it in reverse order? Start by opening the studio and loading the project, then run the job at least once or if you generate the code (via the code tab) in the Talend studio to see if some dependencies appear?

Best regards

Sabrina

Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Sabrina,

Yes I'm using Talend Open Studio for Data Integration 7.3.1.

I have tried run the job first with the generated code in the code tab, it cannot find the new dependency and could not compile.

Dependency does appear when I click "Fix project setup" and I can select the fix, but same issue occur. When I run or build again, the dependency is no longer there. Is there a way we can connect and discuss further?

Thanks.

0695b00000oeZoGAAU.png0695b00000oeZoBAAU.png0695b00000oeZr1AAE.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

It seems that the project maven settings are not getting ignored completely.

If it is possible for you to add a tLibraryLoad component and set this dependency in it if you want to add a dependency to your google job?

Feel free to let us know if tLibraryLoad is a good option or not.

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Modifying the POM files are not supported. Those files are generated, so your changes will be alwas overwritten.

Please add these dependencies either via tLibraryLoad as Sabrina pointed it out, or create a routine and add them there then the routine could be linked.

Talend 8 allows the modification some of the POM templates to some extent.

Cheers,

Balázs