Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SND
Contributor
Contributor

"GC overhead limit exceeded" error when dealing with two versions of Mysql in the same job

Hello everyone,

I am trying to transfer data from a MySql 5.6.48 database table (tDBInput_1) to a Mysql 8.0.22 database table (tMysqlOutput_1) using talend open studio 7.3.1 but I get the error below :

Exception in component tDBInput_1 (ExtractAndLoadFromWSRecipient___Release)

java.sql.SQLException: GC overhead limit exceeded

at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:129)

at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:97)

at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.SQLExceptionsMapping.translateException(SQLExceptionsMapping.java:122)

at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.StatementImpl.executeQuery(StatementImpl.java:1200)

( While I allocated enough memory to the job (-Xms3072M; -Xmx4096M) and activated the "enable stream" option...)

It is as if the tDBInput_1 having to use the driver for mysql 5 (com.mysql.jdbc.Driver) uses that of mysql 8 (com.mysql.cj.jdbc.Driver) as indicated in the error output (I don't know if that means anything...)

Ps :

-> In

the job execution beginning , i have this warning:

loading class `com.mysql.jdbc.Driver'. This is deprecated. The new driver class is `com.mysql.cj.jdbc.Driver'. The driver is automatically registered via the SPI and manual loading of the driver class is generally unnecessary.

-> mysql-connector-java-5.1.30-bin and mysql-connector-java-8.0.18 are the main connectors in lib directory after building the job

-> I was using the same job options with a mariadb database version, to transfer data to a Mariadb database table, and everything was working without errors

Thank you in advance for help.

Regards;

Labels (2)
13 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Do you need to keep both mysql-connector-java-5.1.30-bin and mysql-connector-java-8.0.18 in your PC?

I find this warning on stackoverflow: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52032739/loading-class-com-mysql-jdbc-driver-this-is-deprecated-...

Hope it will be helpful for your use case.

Best regards

Sabrina

SND
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello,

Thank you for your response ...

For the warning on stackoverflow it doesn't help me as i am using talend open studio for data integration 😞 , they are talking about hibernate, spring and so on for java apps ...

For the connectors i did not install those by myself, in fact when i use a schema as input from the mysql 5 database connection and another as output from the mysql 8 one and then build the job for deploying purposes, i notice there are these two connectors in the lib directory, and after executing the job i notice that the "GC over limit exceeded" concerns the tmysqlInput (which has "enable stream" option activated ) and the exception mentions "... at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:129) "; the "..cj.." shows that the mysql 8 driver is used in this case ... 

But my main trouble is why i am getting this "GC overhead limit exceeded" error , since i have enough memory allocated to the job and the "enable stream " option activated, i was always proceeding in this way without any error and this time it is not working ... 😞

SND
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Sabrina

i think i may have a conflict between the two drivers...

When i analyze the source code i see the test below :

java.sql.Statement stmt_tDBInput_1 = conn_tDBInput_1.createStatement();

if(stmt_tDBInput_1 instanceof com.mysql.jdbc.Statement){

((com.mysql.jdbc.Statement)stmt_tDBInput_1).enableStreamingResults();

}else if(stmt_tDBInput_1 instanceof com.mysql.jdbc.jdbc2.optional.JDBC4StatementWrapper){

((com.mysql.jdbc.jdbc2.optional.JDBC4StatementWrapper)stmt_tDBInput_1).enableStreamingResults();

}

And i guess that the "enable stream" option might be never activated for tDBInput_1 ...

how can i safely force talend ( open studio 7.3.1) to use only the mysql-connector-java-8.0.18.jar (for both mysql 5 and mysql 8 components/connexion) as far as the two connectors are already installed on ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I am using the jdbc driver 'mysql-connector-java-8.0.19.jar' and it doesn't show this error.

Is it possible for you to remove the old driver from folder and retry to see if your job is still giving the warning message?

Best regards

Sabrina

SND
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello,

After having built a job in which i use both MySql 5 and MySql 8 , i deleted mysql-connector-java-5.1.30-bin from the lib folder and let the mysql-connector-java-8.0.18 there, but i got an error telling that it can't find the class com.mysql.jdbc.Driver (from mysql-connector-java-5.1.30-bin).

0695b00000QDQOEAA5.png 

Talend is using in some cases mysql-connector-java-5.1.30-bin and in other ones mysql-connector-java-8.0.18, how can i force it to use only one connector without breaking anything in my previous jobs ?

Regards.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Maybe we could force a Talend component to use other jar than downloaded by default by Talend Studio.

In module view click on tMysqlXXX components which point to the mysql-connector-java-5.1.30 jar file and click on the pot button and locate the mysql-connector-java-8.0.18 which you downloaded. This will install this jar into studio's .m2 repository.

Feel free to let me know if it is OK with you.

Best regards

Sabrina

SND
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello ,

I did what you said but there are no changes, nothing happens and i still have the mysql-connector-java-5.1.30 jar listed for the tmysqlXXX components ...

below is a screenshot of tMysqlInput case

0695b00000QDeBsAAL.png

Regards.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I will make an investigation on your case with our team and then come back to you as soon as I can.

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Because I haven’t been able to recreate the issue and want to try to do that

So we need to see how your job is written. Could you please share a screenshot of your job design? Please mask your sensitive data as well.

Best regards

Sabrina