Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

[resolved] Catch childjob custom errors / warnings in father job

Hi,
I'm actually working on a job running multiple childjobs, the problem is, i can't catch their errors.
My childjob, it generates a warning and an error with custom messages, i can see them both if i run this job alone :

0683p000009MGGz.jpg
My father Job, trying to catch them. The schema of the tRunJob is the same of the tBuffer. The only way i have to print my custom messages is to uncheck "stop in case of of childjob error" on the tRunJob, but that's not what i want. I have to stop the childjob AND to catch those messages :
0683p000009MGH4.jpg
Stack of my father job, as we can see, the only thing we have is the "Child job running failed" :
0683p000009MGAY.jpg

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Please open the main Job in job view and select the option "Apply to sub jobs".
Actually you should see in the log of the parent job also the detailed message from the child job. Could you please check the Stats &   Log  settings for the child job, Log output must be enabled here as well.
Best regards
Sabrina

0683p000009MGH9.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Please open the main Job in job view and select the option "Apply to sub jobs".
Actually you should see in the log of the parent job also the detailed message from the child job. Could you please check the Stats &   Log  settings for the child job, Log output must be enabled here as well.
Best regards
Sabrina

0683p000009MGH9.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sabrina,
After a few tests i can now do what i wanted to do with logs ! It works perfectly.
Thanks a lot for your prompt reply !
Best regards,
Alexis.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Great it works. Feel free to let us know if there is any further help we can give.
Best regards
Sabrina