Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

[resolved] Component installation

Hi everybody, 
I premise that I'm new with Talend Studio and in general ETL programs. 
I downloaded from the "Exchange" couple of components and yet I'm not able to install them. 
I placed them in "talend component" folder and I can see them in "Exchange" in my TOS as from screenshot below

I installed all of them, restarted and yet can't find any of them in Palette when I open a job.
Anybody can help?
Thanks
Mattia

0683p000009MGnp.png

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
We made a testing on studio 6.0.
The custom component .zip files will be placed into this specific folder<InstallationPath>\plugins\org.talend.designer.components.exchange_6.0.0.20150702_1326\downloaded

Best regards
Sabrina

0683p000009MGjx.png

View solution in original post

24 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
What is your OS ? Do you have any erros on your .log (see file in workspace/.metadata/.log) ?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

windows 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ok and what about your log file ?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

not sure if is this u are asking about

0683p000009MGkx.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Can you download the custom component from Talend Exchange directly and install it successfully into studio?
TalendHelpCenter:Installing a custom component
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, 
no I can't, that's the way I tred to do the first time. I have all custom component in a folder and in preference i set this folder for the components, it come out the loading window, I restart and it install components, restart and still cannot find them in la Palette
Mattia
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
I have all custom component in a folder and in preference i set this folder for the components, it come out the loading window, I restart and it install components, restart and still cannot find them in la Palette

Are you using studio 6.1? Did you place your custom folder under Preferences >Talend > Component?
Best regards
Sabrina

0683p000009MGwW.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

TOS 6.0.0.20150702_1326 

0683p000009MGwb.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Could you please create a new folder for your custom components(Such as, D:\CustomComponent) to see if it works?
We see your Talend installation path has a extra space(C:\Program Files\TOS.., have you ever got the error " Could not find or load main class"?)

Best regards
Sabrina