Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

[resolved] ERROR: value too long for type character varying(500). Which Column?

Hi,
Is there anyway to see what column needs to be altered in SQL so the data can easily load into SQL. I'm bringing data from Excel into postgreSQL and I have about 20 columns that need to be loaded into SQL but it keeps giving me this ERROR: value too long for type character varying(500).  How can I find out what column is it?
Thanks in advance,

0683p000009MBRa.png

0683p000009MBFB.png
Labels (2)
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

We see this topic has been marked as resolved. Feel free tolet us know if you still have this problem.

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Sabrina, I am getting the same issue can you please point me to the link which has the solution to this issue.
ashok5
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Vikas,

Uncheck Die on error option in DB output component and use the reject flow to capture the records with error, reject flow will have 2 additional attributes with error code and description.

Thanks

Ashok 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Please refer to this link:https://community.talend.com/t5/Migration-Configuration-and/Data-truncation-error-Data-too-long-for-....

Let us know if it is OK with you.

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

this problem still persists, the solution is not compatible with version V 7.2.1

lennelei
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

you may use a tSchemaComplianceCheck to check and reject or truncate your data.

Regards.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you so much for the answer is a very good solution.