Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kewbsl
Contributor III
Contributor III

[resolved] Job won't run in "Memory Run"

I've got a job that I usually run in "Memory Run" mode with the garbage collector set to kick in every 30 sec because the memory demands were so huge.
Recently this has stopped working. This happened at around the time Java was updated to jre1.8.0_112
Talend was on version TOS 6.1.1.20151214_1327.
I have updated Talend to TOS 6.3.0.20161026_1219 in the hope of better Java compatibility but unfortunately it hasn't helped.
The error message I get just says "there is no job running", in a box that pops up when I start the job. If I dismiss that box it then carries on but without the memory run mode, after a few hours, it all grinds to a halt
(Reposting an earlier query in a new format because things have changed - the original is nor marked as resolved. Sorry for the deja vu!)
Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kewbsl
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Never mind - I found that 8.112 hadn't been properly expunged so I have had another go, removed all references to it from the various settings within Talend and it's working again.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,
So far, talend is only supported on Java CPS Versions, not Java PSU. Could you please revert to a Java CPS Version (such as jdk8_111) to see if this problem is resolved?
Please refer to this article:http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/cpu-psu-explained-2331472.html.
Best regards
Sabrina
kewbsl
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,
So far, talend is only supported on Java CPS Versions, not Java PSU. Could you please revert to a Java CPS Version (such as jdk8_111) to see if this problem is resolved?
Please refer to this article:http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/cpu-psu-explained-2331472.html.
Best regards
Sabrina

Thanks. We have now removed 8.112 and installed JDK 8.111 in its place but the memory run feature still doesn't work (see attached image). Can you think of anything else I should try please?
0683p000009MCr3.png
kewbsl
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Never mind - I found that 8.112 hadn't been properly expunged so I have had another go, removed all references to it from the various settings within Talend and it's working again.