Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

[resolved] Mapping a single row to multiple rows

Hi!
First off, I wanted to say what an amazing application Talend Open Studio is! It's unbelievable that it's an open source project. Well done to everyone involved!
I had a wee question that I hope someone could help me with:
My input data source, representing a contact, has two phone numbers in a single row: Home, Mobile
My output data source stores phone numbers is a separate table, with one row for each type, linking each back to the contact. Therefore, one row in source goes to two rows in target.
How do I configure the tMap component to map the two columns from the single source row, into two rows in the target schema? There's a type field in the target schema that I'd also like to populate with 'Home' or 'Mobile', depending on which source column goes into that row.
For context, if it helps, I've just started looking at this application to assist in data migration using the Siebel CRM software from Oracle. It looks like this is the perfect tool for populating EIM tables from source data of all types, enabling us to get it into the Siebel database. We've been using SQL Loader and Access (!) so far and it's proving to be a nightmare to run and maintain.
I hope this makes sense and isn't a complete nube question. You help is very much appreciated!
Kind regards,
mroshaw
Labels (2)
10 Replies
_AnonymousUser
Creator III
Creator III

Hi team,
I am looking to do some multiple row mapping and unsure how to resolve the below situation. Any inputs on how to go about will be very helpful.
mapping table has below entries
column 1            column 2
bundle 1            a,b,c
bundle 2            a,d,e
now I want to use this mapping table in my tmap vlook where I have to look up for below values
lookup value     quantity
bundle 1          10
bundle 1          20
bundle 2          30
I am expecting the output as below
column 1           quantity
a                      10
b                      10
c                      10
a                      20
b                      20
c                      20
a                      30
d                      30
e                      30
What I am looking for is how do I map 1 value to give me 3 values in the output.  I tried by changing the join condition in the tmap, but it din't seem to work for me.
Thanks in advance.