Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

[resolved] Problem with tFileExcelSheetOutput

Hi
I'm using these componentes (tFileExcelWorkbook) to generate medium-heavy excel files because the standard FileOutputExcel from Talend always crash by memory issues.
With tFileExcelWoorkbook I have two problems:
1. I have a template which I copy every time I want to generate the report. This template has a little header with a summary of the content (count of rows and total of a numeric colum). Under this data there are the column headers.
|      TOTAL ROWS      |      TOTAL $      |
|      549.660             |      400,000,00  |
|
|      COLUMN 1      |      COLUMN 2      |      COLUMN 3      |
|      ######       |       ######       |       ######      | 
I want to fill the two top cells (Total Rows and Total $). However, when i try to do it I configure tFileExcelSeetOutput with Row start index (starts with 1) = 2 (to fill the second row's cells). But appears this error:
Exception in component tFileExcelSheetOutput_2
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Attempting to write a row in the range that is already written to disk.
On the template these cells are empty and there is not any value, what can I do with it?

2. I want to generate an excel with 75.000 rows aprox (xlsx - 2007) and 27 columns (two of them have a lot of text). The job begins ok but suddenly an error stop the process: JAVA HEAP MEMORY. I've modify the configuration file  Talend-Studio-win32-x86.ini to change the params Xms and Xmx but if I modify it with any value, Talend doesn't launch and appears a JVM error. What can we do? I'm using a 32bits machine and this configuration:
-vmargs
-Xms64m
-Xmx1000m
-XX:MaxPermSize=512m
-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8

Cheers and thanks.
Labels (3)
11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

14 rows is nothing. I write much much more rows in my job. Could you please export your job design (Right click on the job and choose Export Item) and also an excel template if some is in usage and send it to me? I would like to see what went wrong here.

use my email address: jan.lolling@gmail.com

Balakrishna
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Everyone,

Can someone please share or suggest where to download the component - tFileExcelSheetOutput

Thank you.