Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
txvincent
Contributor
Contributor

[resolved] Question on use of tOracleRollback & tOracleCommit

Hi,
If I want to do a rollback whenever any component in my job fails, will the way I have my tOracleRollback and tOracleCommit components set up do that? Or is it only going to do a commit or rollback whenever the tOracleOutput component is successful or unsuccessful?
Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Only on the start component... both the rollback and commit will be connected.
for example

tDBInput--->tMap--->tDBOutput
| |
OnOK OnError
| |
| rollback
commit

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

use "OnSubjobOK" from the start component of the particular subjob (the one with a green background, the start of the flow) rather than onComponentOK on the DB output.
as a rule of thumb, onComponentOK should be avoided. This connector can have different behavior depending on the source component-- so unless you know what you're doing, its a good idea to just avoid using it all together.
txvincent
Contributor
Contributor
Author

So would I have to set it on only the first component or would I have to set OnSubjobOK for every component up to the Staging Table tOracleOutput component? What about the tOracleRollback? How would the rollback know what the table name that it needs to commit or rollback if it isn't coming out of the Staging Table tOracleOutput component? Thanks.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Only on the start component... both the rollback and commit will be connected.
for example

tDBInput--->tMap--->tDBOutput
| |
OnOK OnError
| |
| rollback
commit
txvincent
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Great, I got it. Thanks so much John for your help!