Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andymahieu
Contributor III
Contributor III

[resolved] TFileExcelSheetList - possible to select on sheet name ?

Hi Jan,
Is this possible with your component or do I have to try to catch that further in the job ?
Also, when I try to select with the sheet index, it doesn't seem to work but I think I use the wrong syntax.
Is it "Sheet.{1,2}"  ? I took it over from Talend Exchange but on the screenshot it's not so clear...
Gr
Andy
Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
andymahieu
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Mr Lolling,
Thanks for your answer. It worked for me.
And the component is very usefull. I think I will use it a lot in the future.
I had to get the sheets starting with AFR-ZONE or AFR-MAG and followed by 2 numbers or characters...
These are the images that didn't seem to come through yesterday.
These are some of the different sheets in my excel :
0683p000009MBm3.jpg  
This is the Talend job :
0683p000009MBm8.jpg                                                 
This is now the selection on the sheets in the TfileExcelSheetList component :
0683p000009MBmD.jpg

Gr
andy

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

there are some costume components available to read and write excel sheet, if you are interested then check on below link. 
tFileExcelSheetInput
andymahieu
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Umesh,
Thanks for your reply. I'm already using the components of jlolling. They work good but I have questions on one of the components.
Gr
Andy
Anonymous
Not applicable

The documentation of the component tFileExcelSheetList is not done yet. It is a to-do what I have.
The component  tFileExcelSheetList iterates through the sheets of the workbook (it does not read the content of the sheets).
You can filter the sheets with regularly expressions (as the screenshot shows: in this case you would get all sheets which name starts with Store and a space and a 1- or 2-digit number).
The purpose is to use the iterate flow to a tFileExcelSheetInput and read here the content of the sheets you have chosen.
andymahieu
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Mr Lolling,
I can't see your screenshot.
Gr
andy
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry I mean the screenshot of the component and my text does also not match with this screenshot.
The screenshot shows as regex: Sheet.{1,2}
This means: filter all sheets which starts with the text "Sheet" + one arbitrary char + 1 or 2 numbers.
https://www.talendforge.org/exchange/index.php?eid=1263&product=tos&action=view&nav=1,1,1
You can for sure also simple name every sheet you need as one line in this list. Unfortunately a number is not possible (I will check how to enable it in the next release).
andymahieu
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Mr Lolling,
I had to get the sheets starting with AFR-ZONE or AFR-MAG and followed by 2 numbers or characters...

Gr
Andy Mahieu
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, could you please repost your image, I can only see a huge Base64 code block.
andymahieu
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Mr Lolling,
And the component is very usefull. I think I will use it a lot in the future.
These are the images that didn't seem to come through yesterday.
These are some of the different sheets in my excel :
0683p000009MBm3.jpg  
This is the Talend job :
0683p000009MBm8.jpg                                                 
This is now the selection on the sheets in the TfileExcelSheetList component :
0683p000009MBmD.jpg

Gr
andy
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Andy,
I cannot see any screenshot. But anyway, if it works it is ok. If you mind you could rate the component in Talend Exchange.
http://www.talendforge.org/exchange/index.php?eid=1263&product=tos&action=view&nav=1,1,1