Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

[resolved] Talend to Tableau Data Extract

Hi, I need help regarding a new component/palette creation,
I already made the palette for Tableau BI, but after running it, it gave me a connection or link error.
What may have cause the problem? And what should I do?
Please see the below image for your reference of the error occurred.

Thanks in advance! 0683p000009MACn.png

Lester
0683p000009MEDv.jpg 0683p000009ME9W.jpg
Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I just uploaded the updated version that works with Tableau 10.x SDK to TalendForge and github:  https://github.com/tfoldi/talend-tableau-extract

View solution in original post

35 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Here is a reference about Installing a custom component. Did you install the custom component as the article said?
In addition, the custom component tTableauExtractOutput is developed by community user. I think you'd better contact with the component author tfoldi.

Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The problem is that Talend cannot access Tableau's native libraries. You can download it from Tableausoftware.com.
Extract the contents of the tableau extract API libraries \bin directory into Talend's root folder C:\TOS\TOS_DI-Win32-r99271-V5.2.2\ (so put dataextract.dll, tdeserver.exe etc. in the same directory where your TOS_DI-win-x86_64.exe is located).
Then copy Java\dataextract.jar Java\jna.jar files into C:\TOS\TOS_DI-Win32-r99271-V5.2.2\lib\java AND C:\TOS\TOS_DI-Win32-r99271-V5.2.2\plugins\org.talend.designer.components.localprovider_5.2.2.r99271\components\tTableauExtractOutput. That's the safest thing.
Please make sure that you run the same architecture for both TDE and Talend, like both are 32bit or both are 64bit.
Let me know if it works for you. If not, I can help you with some screen sharing, it would not take than 2-3 mins
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Okay. will be doing what you said 0683p000009MACn.png be there after 10 mins ! Thanks a lot guys! 0683p000009MACn.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

HI,
I already did what you said, but running the talend gives me an error looking for 'log4j-1.2.15.jar'
then I downloaded 'log4j-1.2.15.jar' but where do i put it?
Thanks! 0683p000009MACn.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hmm, this is something new, for me it does not required that jar file. Put in the same directories where you copied dataextract.jar
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Okay now, I resolved the 'log4j-1.2.15.jar' issue..
Now, the error is 'com.talend cannot be resolved to a type'
what can be the cause? 0683p000009MPcz.png
thanks,
Lester
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Could you send the whole log output + the version of your Talend + version of your Tableau libs?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

sure! 0683p000009MACn.png will be sending you a screenshot in a while!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
my current version for talend is all 5.2.2.r99271,
I edited my 1st post for the next image. Please see the 2nd image for your reference. 0683p000009MACn.png