Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JJohnson1605187926
Contributor
Contributor

sftp connection issue

I'm using Talend studio Version: 7.1.1 Build id: 20181026_1147.

I am trying to get an sftp connection. It has the format sftp://xxx.xxx.net

I can connect to the sftp server using Filezilla and successfully send a file but when I use the Talend component with the same connection string, user/pwd I get a java unknown host exception.

Has anyone had similar issues ?

Labels (2)
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Are you using tFtpConnection component and check out "SFTP Support" option? Could you please upload your component screenshot on community? Please mask your sensitive data.

Best regards

Sabrina

JJohnson1605187926
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I am using  tFtpConnection. I have tried with the "SFTP Support" checked and unchecked - doesn't seem to make a difference.

I get the java.net.UnknownHostException.

The connection details are correct because I can use them to connect using Filezilla from the same machine

The local JRE appears to be 1.8.0

Regards

John Johnson

Anonymous
Not applicable

very wll documented here

https://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/net/UnknownHostException.html

It means a resolution (or reverse resolution) isse , but you tell that filezilla runs fine

=> Do you use a proxy server ? if you do , did you configure proxy server on studio ?

=> It can come from a certificate that is not supported by jsch mvn module, can you chec this point ? here is the list of certificates supported by jsch :

http://www.jcraft.com/jsch/

• SSH2 protocol support.
  • Key exchange: diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha1,diffie-hellman-group1-sha1,diffie-hellman-group14-sha1,diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha256,ecdh-sha2-nistp256,ecdh-sha2-nistp384,ecdh-sha2-nistp521
  • Cipher: blowfish-cbc,3des-cbc,aes128-cbc,aes192-cbc,aes256-cbc,aes128-ctr,aes192-ctr,aes256-ctr,3des-ctr,arcfour,arcfour128,arcfour256
  • MAC: hmac-md5, hmac-sha1, hmac-md5-96, hmac-sha1-96
  • Host key type: ssh-dss,ssh-rsa,ecdsa-sha2-nistp256,ecdsa-sha2-nistp384,ecdsa-sha2-nistp521
  • Userauth: password
  • Userauth: publickey(DSA,RSA,ECDSA)

Prakhar1
Creator III
Creator III

try to ping the host from your command line and check if it works or not.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

You can think of using tSystem component and fire commands to connect to sftp server.

Best regards

Sabrina