Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
borke02
Contributor III
Contributor III

socket write error with tOracleConnection

Hello,

while connecting to an Oracle 12 database (12.1.0.2.0) I'm getting an error "java.sql.SQLRecoverableException: I/O-Fehler: Connection reset by peer: socket write error". It seems that it has something to do with random number generation in Java. I found this topic but the solution doesn't work. Another solution (rename opjdbc8.jar to ojdbc7.jar) generates a different error: java.sql.SQLRecoverableException: I/O-Fehler: Eine vorhandene Verbindung wurde vom Remotehost geschlossen, Authentication lapse 0 ms.

Can anybody give me a hint what I can do to make my job running without any error?

I'm using Talend Open Studio for Data Integration v6.1.1 on Windows 7 64Bit, Java version is 1.8.0_181.

Best regards

Frank

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
borke02
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Jeehaaa!

With

%~d0
cd %~dp0
java -Djava.security.egd=file:/dev/urandom -cp ... lots of jars and context value

taken from this hint it works! It's just one shash, not three slashes.

0683p000009MACn.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies
borke02
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Okay, I wrote a test program in Eclipse and tada I get the same error. But if I use an old Java 1.7.0_60 and set this as execution environment in Eclipse my test program works fine.

So I built the job in Talend, searched for the bat-file and changed the java call to Java 1.7.0_60. And tada it works!

OLD in .bat:

%~d0
cd %~dp0
java -cp ... lots of jars and context value

NEW in .bat:

%~d0
cd %~dp0
c:\jdk_1.7.0_60\java.exe -cp ... lots of jars and context value

So how can I configure Talend to use 1.7.0_60 when I click on "Start Job"?

Best regards,

Frank

borke02
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Jeehaaa!

With

%~d0
cd %~dp0
java -Djava.security.egd=file:/dev/urandom -cp ... lots of jars and context value

taken from this hint it works! It's just one shash, not three slashes.

0683p000009MACn.png