Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
borke02
Contributor III
Contributor III

socket write error with tOracleConnection

Hello,

while connecting to an Oracle 12 database (12.1.0.2.0) I'm getting an error "java.sql.SQLRecoverableException: I/O-Fehler: Connection reset by peer: socket write error". It seems that it has something to do with random number generation in Java. I found this topic but the solution doesn't work. Another solution (rename opjdbc8.jar to ojdbc7.jar) generates a different error: java.sql.SQLRecoverableException: I/O-Fehler: Eine vorhandene Verbindung wurde vom Remotehost geschlossen, Authentication lapse 0 ms.

Can anybody give me a hint what I can do to make my job running without any error?

I'm using Talend Open Studio for Data Integration v6.1.1 on Windows 7 64Bit, Java version is 1.8.0_181.

Best regards

Frank

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
borke02
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Jeehaaa!

With

%~d0
cd %~dp0
java -Djava.security.egd=file:/dev/urandom -cp ... lots of jars and context value

taken from this hint it works! It's just one shash, not three slashes.

0683p000009MACn.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies
borke02
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Okay, I wrote a test program in Eclipse and tada I get the same error. But if I use an old Java 1.7.0_60 and set this as execution environment in Eclipse my test program works fine.

So I built the job in Talend, searched for the bat-file and changed the java call to Java 1.7.0_60. And tada it works!

OLD in .bat:

%~d0
cd %~dp0
java -cp ... lots of jars and context value

NEW in .bat:

%~d0
cd %~dp0
c:\jdk_1.7.0_60\java.exe -cp ... lots of jars and context value

So how can I configure Talend to use 1.7.0_60 when I click on "Start Job"?

Best regards,

Frank

borke02
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Jeehaaa!

With

%~d0
cd %~dp0
java -Djava.security.egd=file:/dev/urandom -cp ... lots of jars and context value

taken from this hint it works! It's just one shash, not three slashes.

0683p000009MACn.png