Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mehdi_Mhedhbi2
Contributor III
Contributor III

tAdvancedXMLFileOutputXML , XML , special XML characters

Hello Every One

im reading data from an sql server table , some fields contains special XML characters like

&,<, > 

im reading the data to create a complexe XML file with multiple tAdvancedXMLFileOutputXML components using the append option

for exemple the & caracter is transforming to &amp when i create the xml file .. how can i solve this

i need the xml file to be created with

& and not &amp;

Labels (5)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

The special characters such as "<", ">" are always transformed automatically by tAdvancedFileOutputXML component, if you open the XML file in a browser, you will see it displays correctly.

Best regards

Shong

Mehdi_Mhedhbi2
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

yes , but i am using the content of the XML file to call a soap web service and these special caracter are transforming .

to explain better i have this the DB (sql server ) from which im reading data char(10) as &#10.&#13 , when i apply the soap call this should be

translated to CR but it is not because & is changing to &amp;, same thing happend if i put them in a CDATA

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

You can do nothing unless you change the source code of tAdvancedXMLFileOutputXML. One idea: After generate the XML file, read the file content as a sting using tFileInputRaw component and replace all &amp with &, the same processing for other special characters.

Regards

Shong