Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

tDBOutputbulkexecute issue

Hi, 

I am trying to load data from Sybase to oracle Database which gets loaded successfully when I do it with normal tDBoutput however I  have to load millions of rows so I thought of using tDBoutputbulkexecute component. but getting an error as

Exception in component tDBOutputBulkExec
java.lang.NullPointerException

Please advise. 

P.S. Both of my databases are running on different servers.

Labels (3)
4 Replies
fdenis
Master
Master

for nullPointer the best way is to run your code on debug mode step by step to found the point where is the error.
good luck
a lot of tine it's due to a open string (forgotten ").
Aravind_Ravi
Contributor III
Contributor III

Cloud you please share the screen sot of the Job Design.? If the error is in output component the try running the records with "Limit". then you can find where exactly the error is.

If this is what you are looking for then, Press the "Accept as Solution " Button. Give A Kudos

Thanks,
AR

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi AR,

Thanks for your reply. attached is my job design. is this issue happening because my source Sybase is on different server and oracle database where I am loading data is on different.  if so what is the alternative to overcome this issue so I can load millions of rows quickly into oracle/ 

thanks,

Prashant

JobDesign.PNG
fdenis
Master
Master

you can use bulk but you have to check the compatibility of file format (if it's not compatible extract datas on the right format) then transfer file before bulk load.