Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SRoux
Contributor II
Contributor II

tELTSAPMap and FTP secure ?

i all,

We want to use the tELTSAPMap to request our SAP ERP. This component uses a ftp call to get the file result locally created on the SAP Server.

For security consideration our secure officer ask us to to use FTPs to encrypt the flow. This is a FTP server with Explicit mode (FTPES). Talend documentation doesn't give any detail about how to configure the client.

Do you know if it is possible to secure FTP call ? Have you experienced this configuration ?

I attached a screen capture below.

Thank you for any idea

Stéphane

0693p000009Rm5uAAC.png

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kurzkano
Contributor III
Contributor III

Uups, picture is missing:

0693p000009TBAnAAO.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kurzkano
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Stéphane,

at least in Version R2020-07-7.3.1 of Talend Studio you can select SFTP as File Protocol:

Regards

Norbert

kurzkano
Contributor III
Contributor III

Uups, picture is missing:

0693p000009TBAnAAO.png

SRoux
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks a lot. I hadn't noticed the "File Protocol" parameter in the recent versions. We use v6.5 so I run to v7.x !

Just to inform, because I am curious, I tested a connection to a FTPS server and I get as expected an error.

"Exception in component tELTSAPMap_1 (POCTalend_ELT)

java.lang.RuntimeException: Login failed, please check the username and password."

Of course FTPS is fully operational (SSL / Certificate) and working fine with filezilla client.

One other comment, it would have been interesting to be able to use a ftp connection defined in the FTP metadata section. Indeed this kind of connection support ftp, ftps, sftp.