Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

tESBConsumer throws an error but tSoap works correctly

Hi,

I'm building a job which involves posting to a SOAP webservice and while using tESBConsumer it throws an error saying 'SimpleDeserializer encountered a child element, which is NOT expected, in something it was trying to deserialize.'

However, when using tSoap the request goes through without a problem as it does when trying the request in SOAPUI. The input to both tSoap and tESBConsumer are the same.

To debug I simplified the job to just have tfixedFlow, a tXMLMap, tESBConsumer (or tSoap) and tLogRow.

0683p000009M4YP.png

tESBConsumer's output will help categorise the success response and faults easily than using tSoap.

Is tESBConsumer modifying the request payload in any way? Can someone please help shed some light on this?

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Are you calling your common SOAP web service? What does your tXMLMAP setting look like?

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Because this was something I had to sort out because of time constraints, I proceeded with using the tSOAP and configured the tExtractXMLField to handle both the success and error response fields.

The tXMLMap has structured the request payload similar to any SOAP payload.

Have a look at the screenshot below, this is the output from the tXMLMap.

0683p000009M69M.png