Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

tFTPFileList_1 error caused by: java.io.EOFException: SSL peer shut down incorrectly

All the standard troubleshooting that I could possibly think of has been done.  

• FTP application like filezilla and WinSCP have no issues connecting and moving files from the same server.
  • I have tested the below config successfully with a standard open FTP.  As well as an SFTP server.  Both were off site and outside the network.
  • I have obtained the target FTPS server's self signed cert and loaded it into java's cacerts.  I get the same error when using a new mykeystore.jks file.

I will not be offended if you ask me about other troubleshooting steps.  Any questions / thoughts / theories are much appreciated.

0683p000009M8ez.png

0683p000009M8f4.png

0683p000009M8f9.png

[statistics] connecting to socket on port 3362

[statistics] connected

Exception in component tFTPFileList_1 (SPSI_FTP_TEST2)

javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Remote host closed connection during handshake

at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(Unknown Source)

at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.performInitialHandshake(Unknown Source)

at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(Unknown Source)

at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPSClient._openDataConnection_(FTPSClient.java:646)

at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPClient._openDataConnection_(FTPClient.java:785)

at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPClient.initiateListParsing(FTPClient.java:3409)

at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPClient.initiateListParsing(FTPClient.java:3339)

at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPClient.listFiles(FTPClient.java:3016)

at org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPClient.listFiles(FTPClient.java:3069)

at spsi.spsi_ftp_test2_0_1.SPSI_FTP_TEST2.tFTPFileList_1Process(SPSI_FTP_TEST2.java:753)

at spsi.spsi_ftp_test2_0_1.SPSI_FTP_TEST2.tFTPConnection_1Process(SPSI_FTP_TEST2.java:535)

at spsi.spsi_ftp_test2_0_1.SPSI_FTP_TEST2.runJobInTOS(SPSI_FTP_TEST2.java:2125)

at spsi.spsi_ftp_test2_0_1.SPSI_FTP_TEST2.main(SPSI_FTP_TEST2.java:1975)

Caused by: java.io.EOFException: SSL peer shut down incorrectly

at sun.security.ssl.InputRecord.read(Unknown Source)

... 14 more

[statistics] disconnected

Labels (2)
11 Replies
phil974
Contributor
Contributor

Tks a lot, it works.

It could be useful to had on Talend documentation.

I still got a warning during execution. Normal ?

[statistics] connecting to socket on port 4047

[statistics] connected

WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred

WARNING: Illegal reflective access by org.talend.ftp.SSLSessionReuseFTPSClient (file:/C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/TOS_DI-8.0.1/studio/configuration/.m2/repository/org/talend/components/lib/commons-net-ftps-proxy/3.6.1-talend-20200902/commons-net-ftps-proxy-3.6.1-talend-20200902.jar) to field sun.security.ssl.SSLSessionContextImpl.sessionHostPortCache

WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of org.talend.ftp.SSLSessionReuseFTPSClient

WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations

WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Thanks for your suggestion.

For the warning message, it is normal actually.

These error messages are Java side and it appears like this is a known warning with Open Zulu JDK11 regarding the Reflection packages in Java. This warning is telling you that this is a feature that might be restricted (or not available) in the future. This typically will not prevent the Job from running or completing.

Best regards

Sabrina