Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

tFileInputXML component only takes part of xml data input

Hi together,

I have one question about tFileInputXML component.

As input data I have a big xml file, the tFileInputXML takes only one part of them, rest he cuts off.

How can I handle this limitation?

I working with main memory optimization on existing Talend Job and try to replace the both heavywight componets

tFileInputRaw and tHMap through a lighht-weighted tFileInputXML. The result is: both previous components take about 64000 rows from input data

and the tFileInputXML only 2800. I don't found any limitations in this component, and don't know why tFileInputXML take only part of all available data.

If anyone can help me I would be happy.

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Could you please verify the looping has been added at the right level? This is a common mistake developers sometimes has to experience. If you are ok, could you please show the XML structure?

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Are you getting some error message printed on console when you use tfileinputxml component to read big XML?

Can you please clarify in which Talend version/edition you are?

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thank you for reply.

No, I can not get any exceptions.

I use Talend Studio Version 6.2.1, Build id:  20160704_1411.

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Could you please verify the looping has been added at the right level? This is a common mistake developers sometimes has to experience. If you are ok, could you please show the XML structure?

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You wrote:

Could you please verify the looping has been added at the right level.

I did not understand what you mean. Could you please explain in detail, what do you mean?

Maybe shown an example?

Best Regards,

Waldemar