Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BVB
Contributor
Contributor

tFileOutputMSXML issue after upgrade to talend version 7.3.1

Hi,

After upgrading from talen version 5.6.1 to version 7.3.1.

After this upgrade I have an issue with the component tFileOutputMSXML.

I'am getting the following error on execution of the job: The method add(int, Element) in the type List<Element> is not applicable for the arguments (int, Branch)

This component has multiple sources attached to it, since i'am upgrading from a old version (say very old version) I started to re create this part of the job but after recreation I end up with exactly the same error.

Then I started to do this recreation in steps and the moment I have more than 3 sources the error pop up again.

After some more investigation I found out that the this component is also ignoring the group element parameter.

Someone have a solution for the issue we have now which was working in a older version?

I wouldn't mind using

multiple tAdvancedFileOutputXML components and append the source file if I only have 2 to 3 sources.

Labels (3)
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

It sounds like a bug, can you please open a jira issue under Talend DI components (TDI) project on our bugtracker? Provide an example job for R&D team to investigate it if possible? Thanks!

Regards

Shong

BVB
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Shong,

I'am making a example job,

This job has a simplified version of it and then the the issue isn't happening, I guess it has something to do with the amount of nodes and/or groups or the complexity of the xml we want to create.

Will need to create a more complex example

BVB
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Shong,

I created a jira account like you mention and created an issue but I can't get the overview with my issues.

I'am not sure if the ticket was created or that I needed an extra step.

Do you have the ability to see if my jira ticket was created or not, i used the same subject.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can see the jira issue created by you, please watch the issue and you will receive notification once it is updated.

https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-46455