Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WSyahirah21
Creator
Creator

tHDFSList prompts error message "Could not instantiate appender named "EventCounter" in Talend Studio

I am using the tHDFSList to list out the content of a HDFS directory using Talend Data Fabric. However, when I run the job, I received following component. Detailed error is attached.

[WARN ] 12:37:18 org.apache.hadoop.util.NativeCodeLoader- Unable to load native-hadoop library for your platform... using builtin-java classes where applicable

log4j:ERROR Could not instantiate class [org.apache.hadoop.metrics.jvm.EventCounter].

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

It looks like there is an improper library issue. org.apache.hadoop.metrics.jvm.EventCounter seems to be deprecated and maybe no more available in Hadoop 3.

Are you getting this issue in V 7.3.1? Could you please check your cluster Hadoop version and your job lib folder to see if somehow it contains some Hadoop 2 jars please?

We have seen that you've raised a support case already. Please wait for talend support team response to see if any patch will be delivered to fix this issue.

Best regards

Sabrina

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

It looks like there is an improper library issue. org.apache.hadoop.metrics.jvm.EventCounter seems to be deprecated and maybe no more available in Hadoop 3.

Are you getting this issue in V 7.3.1? Could you please check your cluster Hadoop version and your job lib folder to see if somehow it contains some Hadoop 2 jars please?

We have seen that you've raised a support case already. Please wait for talend support team response to see if any patch will be delivered to fix this issue.

Best regards

Sabrina

WSyahirah21
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi, yes. use new patches resolved the issue. thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Great the new patch works. Feel free to let us know if there is any further help we can give.

Best regards

Sabrina

9ins
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have same problem in Talend Open Studio. Currently, I have used tHiveInput component in Talend Open Studio 8.0.1.

Error message is down below.

log4j:ERROR Could not instantiate class [org.apache.hadoop.metrics.jvm.EventCounter].

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.hadoop.metrics.jvm.EventCounter

How can I solve this problem? How do I apply new patches for my job?

Regards,

9ins

9ins
Contributor
Contributor

And my job's lib directory files is like below.

0695b00000Z2jvQAAR.pngI have been working on my job in Hive 3.1.0 by HortonWorks. As you can see, I clearly used Hadoop 3.x libraries in my job.

Please let me know why exectly this problem was happened and How to fix this problem gently.

Regards,

9ins