Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
User16312127683507580326

tHDFScopy component is not working. Getting error like Exception in component tHDFSCopy_2. java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Not implemented by the DistributedFileSystem FileSystem implementation

tHDFSCopy component is working as a seperate component. But while using the component of a child job it is not working.

Getting error like

Exception in component tHDFSCopy_2 <jobName>

java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Not implemented by the DistributedFileSystem FileSystem implementation

Help is appreciated.

Labels (3)
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

What's your Hadoop Version? The connection is OK with you? Is there any other tHDFS* components which did not have a tHDFSConnection specified?

Best regards

Sabrina

User16312127683507580326
Author

I am using Talend 7.2.1 and earlier we were using mapr distribution 5.2 and now we are using mapr distribution 6.1.0. is there any difference? but the components are working while i am using only the component. i do have only two hdfs component and both have connection.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

You changed the distribution within the drop down list? If so, you might have a classpath conflict. The distribution must be the same for all the components in the designer. Please make sure to select the correct distribution for all the components.

Feel free to keep me updated to your issue.

Best regards

Sabrina

User16312127683507580326
Author

Hello,

"Use an independent process to run subjob" resolved the issue. Could you please let me know how the inner subjobs are called? how can i get to know the parameters and jars passed to subjob.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

If I understand your requirement very well, are you referring to parent job and child job?

Here are two KB articles about:

https://community.talend.com/s/article/Passing-a-value-from-a-parent-Job-to-a-child-Job-OPRy5

https://community.talend.com/s/article/Returning-a-value-from-a-child-Job-to-the-parent-Job-DqbEu

Feel free to let me know if it is what you are looking for.

Best regards

Sabrina