Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shameer1
Contributor
Contributor

tHiveClose

1. Suppose I have opening a hive connection using tHiveConnection in a job and doing some hive operation. Then is it mandatory that tHiveClose component should be used after all the hive operations are completed.
  2. I hope if I don't use tHiveClose component at last then the will the connection not get closed automatically after some time interval of being inactive.
  3. Should i be using tHiveClose component as a stand alone component or should i be connecting to the subjob with the trigger onSubJobOK
Labels (2)
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

It is always recommended to use tHiveClose connection so that you can free the connection settings immediately after your use.

You can add it as On SubJob Ok since you need to be sure that the previous activity has been completed. You can also add it tagged to tPostJob and in that case, the connection will get closed at the end of the job.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂