Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
quentin-vigne
Partner - Contributor III

tJava component not printing the whole query

Hello,

I've been using for the last year the tJava component to log my tDBInput components query when I need to have them displayed on the Talend Management Console

I've been using this code :

log.info("JOB QUERY" + ((String)globalMap.get("tDBInput_1_QUERY")));

The thing is for some query that are too long it's not displayed. For example I have a 23 000 character query and only 16 800 get logged on the console.

How can I make the tJava display the entirety of the query ?

I'm on Talend Cloud Data Integration R2022-12 if that helps.

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

What does your too long query look like?

It seem that SOQL query length is limited to 20,000 characters.

Best regards

Sabrina

jlolling
Creator III
Creator III

You can write the query also in the console output (but this way it will not shown in the TAC/TMC log).

Use this code:

System.out.println("JOB QUERY" + ((String)globalMap.get("tDBInput_1_QUERY")));

This way the whole query will be printed.

quentin-vigne
Author

Can't really share in details the query but it's a basic query with lots of "decode" and sub-select + join and where section

At the moment I'm trying to put the query in a context and split the context in half to print half first then the other half so I'll see how this turns out

quentin-vigne
Author

Thanks for the reply unfortunately I need to display the query in the TMC for the users that don't have access to the studio. (They want to be able to check what query is being put in the components from the TMC)

It's been working great so far with other queries.

As I said in another answer

"At the moment I'm trying to put the query in a context and split the context in half to print half first then the other half so I'll see how this turns out"