Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

tMap filter doesn't seem to limit fields

Hello,

I am extremely confused why my tMap is not limiting my four columns to only two columns.

Below is the screenshot of how all four fields are showing up in the output and then what I am doing in the tMap schema editor (not sure if it only uploads the last most recent photo...uh oh)0683p000009M6Kg.png0683p000009M6Il.png

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Luke,

Could you please double check the column separator in your tfileinputdelimited component?

By default it will be semi colon. Please change it to comma.

Most probably, that could be the issue and the entire line is currently getting added to first column.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I could see only the image of tMap in your previous post. Could you please add the output along with Talend version details.

You can add multiple photos inline to the post itself by clicking the camera icon with Label Photos.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Nikhil!

Thanks for your help mate!

appreciate it!

Luke

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Luke,

Could you please double check the column separator in your tfileinputdelimited component?

By default it will be semi colon. Please change it to comma.

Most probably, that could be the issue and the entire line is currently getting added to first column.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

awesome Nikhil! It works now!!! I was trying to figure this out all afternoon. Just know what you are doing is very helpful and allows people like me to be able to breathe again! Have a great day!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Cheers!

Thanks for your kind words and enjoy programming in Talend!

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi