Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

tMap multiple column join and Filter

Hi All,
I have a requirement to filter and lookup based on two columns in the input. Based on the lookup and filter, two outputs needed to be generated - matched and rejected. 
Problem in detail -
input file
id, name, dept, comments
table
id, name, dept, comments
From the input file, I have to perform a lookup if each record exists in the table based on Id OR name. i.e. input.ID == table.ID || input.name == table.name. 
I needed two lists now - one that matches and one that doesn't. Idea is to update the database for the match list and create new records for non matching list. 
I have used tFileInput and used tMySqlInput mapped to tMap. in tMap, I have selected the inner-join and used filter condition as 
(row1.ID == databaseDetails.ID) || (row1.Name.equals(databaseDetails.Name)). match list is being output fine but not able to get the reject list. 
tMap is producing cartesian product of (input * lookup - match records) as output. Is there anyway, to only produce non matching records of my fileinput? really appreciate your help!!
Labels (2)
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Please provide your screen shot.
Thanks.